Saturday, January 19, 2013

Cranking up the eBay

I'm not quite sure how to link directly to my items on eBay - wish there was a simple URL - but hope this will do:

http://search.ebay.com/?sass=lifeneedsart&ht=-1

I'm finally - FINALLY - getting up the nerve to sort through the boxes that I brought home from Mom and Dad's. Boxes that have been packing the attic and lining the sun porch making both spaces unusable for anything else.

Stuff. Stuff. And More Stuff. sigh...

I've been hesitant to get rid of anything for fear it was too early. Too irreverent. Too disrespectful.

You know.

But at this time, my house is groaning under the weight of stuff. I feel lighter each time an old object goes off to a new home. Like I'm giving it a chance at a new life. Being trapped in a stuffy cardboard box is no way to live, even for candle sticks or canteens.

Rest assured that I'm keeping some things. I've found some memorabilia that makes me smile and is full of fondness. Those I keep.

I'm trying hard to keep just 1 or 2 items from each phase of my life - not 50. Just because I like something doesn't mean I have to keep it. Keep the things that are symbolic and sentimental and let the rest go.

So keep an eye on my eBay feed. I never know what I'll find as I open each box.

No comments:

Post a Comment