Thursday, August 19, 2010

Leaf-Shaped Glass Candy Dish


This lovely leaf-shaped dish is something I remember having around the house when I was growing up. Mom and Dad would put it out during cocktail parties or bridge parties, filled with nuts or bridge mix - Mom was big on bridge mix.

So was I, now that I think about it. I got a big kick out of sneaking handfuls of bridge mix when the grownups weren't looking.

My guess is this is something they got or bought in the 1960's, shortly after they were married.

It's made of clear glass and in great shape, despite the sticky little kid fingers checking for bridge mix. 

2 comments:

  1. Leaf Shaped Candy Dish is great for decorations around the house and halloween party favor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I fortunate to have found a pair at a thrift store as I was looking for Fall/seasonal decors. There was a 3rd identical but gold trimming and now I wonder if these ever had gold trimming.

    ReplyDelete