Sunday, August 1, 2010

Welcome to Vintage Opal

I’m Karen, a middle-aged “kid” from Ohio. My parents are retired and getting ready to sell the house they’ve lived in for 35 years. My sister and I are helping them sort through their basement, closets, and drawers.

Each box and drawer we open reveals something from our childhood, their childhood, our grandparents – and even great-grandparents. One by one, we’re deciding which items to keep and which need to find new homes.

From books to china to linens to toys, we never know what we’ll find next. It’s a real trip down memory lane.

We started this process earlier this summer, and I've already learned things about my family that I never knew and have seen photos of relatives that I didn't know existed.

Join me as we uncover generations of much-loved treasures.

No comments:

Post a Comment